The Tv show: Top Boy
The British drama, Top Boy which is set in South/East London had a very large influence on my decision as to what song to choose and music video to accompany it. Set on the fictional Summerhouse housing estate in Hackney, East London, the series follows the lives of a group of people involved in drug dealing and street gangs. After watching Top Boy I knew I wanted to choose a British hip-hop/ Grime song. This is because the series gave me inspiration to film my music video in the suburbs of London and keep it very urban. I wanted to try and show the lesser known/ unvisited parts of London and the rougher parts of London. I feel I've been able to relate to the show more than most as I was born in South East London near Lewisham and therefore this show attracts me instantly as some of the locations used are similar to the palaces I grew up in. In parts of my life I've also grown up around similar people represented in this show and therefore i can understand/relate to the decisions and actions taken by some of the characters.
Other Music Videos I took Inspiration from
High Spec - Skrapz ft Chip
Again another Uk Grime music video I took inspiration from, similar to the music video to Find A Way ( as shown above) I took inspiration in terms of mainly the locations in central London used, in particular this music video shows many shots of London bridge, as seen below. The whole music video has a very urban feel to it especially those shots filmed in a tunnel, something I want to try and replicate in my music video. I also got inspiration in terms of accessories both Chip and Skrapz wear, in particular the jewellery such as watches and chains they wear, this creates an urban/ street look whilst still being classy. Again I have screenshotted some of the moments in this music video that really inspired me


Find A Way- Jay Silva Ft Brandz
I took inspiration from this music video because the song is in the UK Grime/ Hip-Hop genre and is similar to the song I decided to create a music video to. This music video gave me huge inspiration in terms of the locations used in the video. Jay Silva filmed had this video filmed around central London whilst still keeping it in an urban theme. The video was filmed at night because not only does it show a Beautiful view of London's lights which I feel is very effective for the song as it portrays the deep meaning of the song, however I still want to keep my music video during the day because I feel more detail can be seen during natural daylight. Apart from the location, I took inspiration in the clothing both Brandz and Jay Silva were wearing. This was very urban street wear whilst still looking classy, something I want to try and replicate. I took some screenshots of the music video below where I felt inspired including the locations and clothing
High Spec - Skrapz ft Chip
Again another Uk Grime music video I took inspiration from, similar to the music video to Find A Way ( as shown above) I took inspiration in terms of mainly the locations in central London used, in particular this music video shows many shots of London bridge, as seen below. The whole music video has a very urban feel to it especially those shots filmed in a tunnel, something I want to try and replicate in my music video. I also got inspiration in terms of accessories both Chip and Skrapz wear, in particular the jewellery such as watches and chains they wear, this creates an urban/ street look whilst still being classy. Again I have screenshotted some of the moments in this music video that really inspired me








No comments:
Post a Comment